The Calames network
The member institutions of the Calames network
The Calames network was created in 2008 and built up by adding successive integration “circles”” of institutions. It currently has 42 member institutions which take part in the network and can :
- integrate their manuscript records and archive listings into the Calames online catalogue ;
- work on cataloguing using EAD with an online interface and according to the current best practices in French libraries and the Calames network in particular;
- opt to use a personalised consultation interface;
- collaborate and exchange with other cataloguers via the distribution list firstname.lastname@example.org ;
- standardise their data using shared references such as the Sudoc authority files.