Services available with Calames
Calames is simultaneously a production tool, a search and navigation interface and a professional network. A certain number of services aimed at professionals are available for each of these aspects:
- exchange channels : distribution list firstname.lastname@example.org ;
- reference documentation : the Cataloguing Manual (help for users of the cataloguing tool), the National Guide of Best EAD Practices in Libraries (login required) ;
- data exports functions (Marc format, export of best EAD practices…) ;
- open data : records made accessible on the Web in compliance with the SiteMaps protocol principle and in RDFa; EAD records converted to Dublin Core and made available on a OAI-PMH server ;
- personalisation of the search interface is possible ;
- various ways of linking records to scanned images of documents (particularly the “Calames Plus” image deposit feature) ;
- possible financial aid packages, under certain conditions, for the retrospective conversion of member institutions’ listings ;
- a help desk : ABESstp .
The Calames catalogue can be harvested thanks to the OAI-PMH protocol as of the end of 2010.
Only Calames records (that is to say the components such as the “shelf mark” but not the “division”) have been converted into Dublin Core and made available in an OAI repository found at this public address: http://www.calames.abes.fr/oai/oai2.aspxRead more
More harvestingsRead more