Board of trustees
Composition of the ABES Board of Directors
Three ex officio members
- The director in charge of libraries at the Ministry for Higher Education and Research or his/her representative;
- The director in charge of research at the Ministry for Higher Education and Research or his/her representative;
- The director in charge of books and reading at the Culture and Communication Ministry or his/her representative;
- the president of the National Library of France (BNF) or his/her representative.
Five appointed members
- Jean-Pierre Finance, chairman of the ABES Board of Directors,
- Gilles Roussel, président of Paris-Est Marne-la-Vallée University
- Grégory Colcanap, director of the Évry-Val d'Essonne University SCD (Documentation Centre);
- Anne Fraïsse, présidente of Montpellier III-Paul-Valéry University
- Christophe Peralés, president of ADBU
Three elected members
- Mireille Teissèdre, representative of library directors;
- Géraldine Lambert, representative of administrative staff and other library and technical staff;
- Olivier Martinez, representative of engineer level staff.
Extract from the Decree n° 94-921 dated October 24th 1994
"Article. 6. – The chairman of the Board of Directors is appointed by the Minister for Higher Education from among the board members cited in paragraph 2° of article 5.
Article. 7. – The Board of Directors shall meet at least twice a year. [...] The chairman shall have the casting vote in the event of a parity of votes. The minutes of each meeting shall be sent to the Minister for Higher Education in the two weeks following the board meeting. [...]
Article. 9. – Apart from the officio members, the members of the Board of Directors are elected or appointed for a renewable period of three years. The mandate of a board member shall end if he or she no longer occupies the post which led to his or her election or appointment.
In the event of a place on the board becoming vacant for whatever reason at least six months before the scheduled end of the mandate, the board member shall be replaced with the same terms and conditions for the remainder of the mandate."